Monday, September 27, 2010

Tyler Florence 8-Piece Steel Clad Cookware Set


  • Sep 27, 2010 15:27:05

  • >>>>See More Details<<<<<



  • Tyler Florence 8-Piece Steel Clad Cookware Set Overviews
  • The Tyler Florence 8-Piece Cookware Set offers a 1.5 Quart Sauce Pan with Lid, a 3 Quart Sauce Pan with Lid, a 6 Quart Dutch Oven with Lid and two Fry Pans, a 10 inch and an 8 inch. All the pans are part of Tyler Florence's Steel Clad Cookware collection. They have hard anodized exteriors that resists abrasion and corrosion and they have stainless steel interiors that are nonreactive and perfect for browning, frying, sautéing and boiling. Their unique bond of stainless steel and aluminum provides the best in heat conductivity while eliminating hot spots. Pan's feature extra long, arched stainless steel handles that are designed to keep your hands safe and cool while cooking. Dutch Oven has convenient stainless steel side handles. Sauce pans and Dutch oven have durable glass lids. Pans are dishwasher safe. Limited lifetime warranty.

    >>>>See More Details<<<<<





  • Tyler Florence 8-Piece Steel Clad Cookware Set Features
    • High quality set includes 1.5 & 3 quart sauce pans with lids, 6 quart Dutch oven with lid and 8" & 10" fry pans
    • Hard anodized exteriors resists abrasion and corrosion; stainless steel interiors are nonreactive and perfect for browning, frying, sauteing and boiling
    • Unique bond of stainless steel and aluminum provides the best in heat conductivity while eliminating hot spots
    • Sauce, saute and fry pans have extra long, arched stainless steel handles; keeps hands safe and cool while cooking; "Y" design in handle dispenses heat and helps to keep handle cool
    • Dishwasher safe; limited lifetime warranty

    >>>>See More Details<<<<<














    Nice set, but the finish fails. - Mitch S. - Bartlett, TN
    I've had this set for over 4 months. I bought it from QVC's site. The pots/pans are beautiful. They look real nice and a heck of a lot better than your standard pot/pan set. They have a decent heft to them. It's very convenient how they designed the lids to be able to hang on the pots/pans themselves. I cook real food at home, not your boxed/canned stuff (hamburger helper, stouffers, etc...). Last night I made a nice risotto, roasted brocolli and seared salmon. The night before a chicken parmigiana, spaghetti w/ragu and a prisciutto-wrapped roasted asparagus. The food always turns out nice and as you would expect.

    The finish on the inside is a glossy stainless. I do not have sticking problems. I use the large stockpot to cook pasta a lot. It boils the water a lot quicker than my old, crummy pot. They are all easy to clean.

    Now, on to the bad part. The manual clearly states these are dishwasher safe, but they recommend you hand wash them. The reason they recommend this is that nice finish will, and does, start to wear off after a few washes in the dish washer. A couple of my pots are to the point where it's hard to wipe a towel over the outter surface because it gets snagged on the coating that is wearing off. It went from a very appealing, dark grey, smooth finish to a light grey, spotty, rough finish. It functions the same and the inside is still perfect, but I didn't know the finish would wear off like this by running them through the dishwasher. I'm going to knock off a whole star for that alone.

    The small pot's handle causes it to lean very slightly so the temperature is different on one side of the pot compared to the side opposite the handle. I use a glass-top stove, so maybe this wouldn't be an problem with a gas stove. It hasn't been a major issue, just an observance.

    Would I rather have finished out my pots/pans with All-Clad? Yes. I started collecting some All-Clad, but didn't want to dish out ,200 for the rest of what I wanted. Given the price, I decided to give these a shot. I'm a huge Tyler fan and use his recipes often. The Florence set is much thinner, lighter and not as heavy-duty. I see replacing these in probably 5-10 years tops. If they were All-Clad, I could see it lasting the rest of my life (I'm 30). I will not be replacing these with another Florence set. The finish is too much of a disappointment. So, 3 stars. For the average home cook I think these will be just fine. Just don't put 'em in the dishwasher... Ever... I hate handwashing...

    >>>>See More Details<<<<<

    No comments:

    Post a Comment